There are a number of websites that let you locate organic farms, CSAs, farmer’s markets, and organic restaurants in your area by location and/or zip code. These include:
- Eat Wild: U.S. and Canada
- FarmMatch: U.S.
- Eat Local Grown: U.S.
- Certified Naturally Grown: U.S. + Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, and Ontario
- Local Harvest: U.S. and southern Canada
- Organic Food Database: U.S. and a few farms in Canada and Australia
- Green Restaurant Association: find “certified green” restaurants
The Weston A. Price Foundation
Many people have never heard of this organization, whose mission is to “restore nutrient-dense foods to the human diet through education, research and activism.” When all else fails, try contacting one of their local chapters, which can be an excellent source to help you find locally-grown organic and biodynamic vegetables, fruits and grains, milk products, butter, eggs, chicken and meat from pasture-fed animals.