GMO Documents and Awareness Materials
Here’s a great tri-fold brochure you can print (it’s double-sided), fold, and hand out.
Here’s an easy to read report that provides an excellent overview of GMO facts, backed by three pages of scientific references.
This longer, but similarly easy to read “Myths and Truths” report was written by a leader in molecular genetics with more than 28 years’ experience in the use of genetic engineering technology. If that report is too long to read, here’s an excerpt.
Here’s a document from the American Academy of Environmental Medicine that you can print out and give to your doctor.
Last but not least, this document lists the risks to human health from Monsanto’s RoundUp. RoundUp Ready crops are #1 purpose of genetic engineering; they have not only doubled the herbicides in our food stream, they’ve doubled the profit margin for Monsanto as weeds evolve resistance and require more and more herbicides to be killed.
GMO Movies and Videos to Watch
This page lists a wide variety of videos, movie trailers, and full-length films to learn more about GMOs and the state of our agricultural and food system.
GMO and Food-Related Books to Read
This page lists a range of books about GMOs, our agricultural system, and the world’s food crisis.
GMO Calls to Legislators and Senators
This page lists all the ways you can find and contact your Senator, Congressman/woman, Farm Bill Committee members, and the White House to voice your opinion about GMOs.
Anti-GMO Groups on Facebook
This page lists groups in the U.S.
This page lists groups in Canada.
This page lists international groups.
Farms, CSAs and Organic Restaurants Near You
This page will help you locate organic farms, CSAs, restaurants and more in your area
Additional News Sources
This page includes a list of the sources we rely upon for GMO news and article sourcing.
Other Bloggers, Activists and Organizations in the U.S.
- Alliance for Bio-Integrity
- Amber Waves
- Amy Salberg: the “Real Food Lawyer”
- Best Meal: extensive info on troubling, least-known food issues
- Beyond Pesticides
- Bill Marler: food safety attorney
- Bill McKibbon
- Byzantine Flowers: health, wellness, natural and herbal remedies, whole foods and diet
- Civil Eats
- Consumer Federation of America
- Consumers Union (the non-profit publisher of Consumer Reports)
- Crop Choice
- Daniel Ravicher: Executive Director of PubPat
- Farm and Ranch Freedom
- Farm Bank Project
- Farm to School
- Farm Wars
- Food and Water Watch
- Food Freedom
- Food Renegade
- Food Revolution: blog and Facebook page
- GE Food Alert
- GE Free America
- Genetic Engineering Action Network
- Genetically Engineered Food News
- GMO Free World
- Go Beyond Organic
- Greenpeace’s GE Free Future
- Just Label It
- Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Kristen Wartman
- Label GMOs
- Local Harvest
- MAYO Clinic: Organic vs Conventional Food
- Millions Against Monsanto
- Moms for Safe Food
- Monsanto Boycott
- Natural and Organic Choices
- Natural Society
- NO GMO
- No Mo GMO
- Northwest Resistance Against Genetic Engineering (based in Portland, Oregon)
- Organic Center
- People for Ethical Living
- Pig Penning: about industrialized pork production
- Politics of the Plate Blog: by Barry Estabrook
- Powered by Produce
- Rodale Institute
- Red White and Green
- Say No to GMO
- Small Planet Institute
- Susan Schneider: Lawyer, Professor, Author, and Advocate for Food Safety
- TABIO: Tanzania Against GMOs
- The Dead End Diet
- The Land Institute
- U.S. Food Policy
- Voice of the Environment
- Weston A. Price Foundation
Organizations and People in Other Countries
For a list of Anti-GMO Facebook groups in other countries, click here >
- African Centre for Biosafety
- AgroEcology in Action
- Australian Farmers Against GM Farming
- Australians Want GM Free Food
- Combat Monsanto (Europe)
- Compassion in World Farming (United Kingdom); here’s their Facebook page)
- Farmland Grab
- Food First
- Gene Ethics (Australia)
- GE-Free New Zealand in Food and Environment
- GM Free Ireland; here’s their Facebook page
- GM Free Scotland; here’s their Facebook page
- GM Watch (based in the United Kingdom)
- GMO Compass (Europe)
- GMO Free Europe / Stop the Crop
- GRAIN: international support for small farmers
- Greenpeace International’s Anti-GMO “Making Waves” Blog
- GroundUp (Spain)
- Insititute of Science in Society (United Kingdom)
- Label GM Foods (Africa)
- MADGE (Mothers are Demystifying Genetic Engineering) Australia; here’s their Facebook page
- Olivier de Schutter – United Nations Special Reporter on the Right to Food
- Pure Food Network (based in Europe from Wageningen University)
- Raj Patel (India and beyond)
- Save Our Seeds (Germany); here’s their Facebook page
- Soil Association (United Kingdom); here’s their Facebook page
- Stop GM (United Kingdom)
- Think Forward: blog from Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP)
Resources in the Pacific Nothwest Area
- Certified Naturally Grown Farms in Oregon State and in Washington State
- Farm /Crop Finder Database for Washington and Oregon
- Healthy Food Resources for the Pacific Northwest
- Island Meadow Farm, a local sustainable farm blog
- Puget Sound Fresh
- Puget Sound area CSA* Farm-to-Home Fresh Produce Delivery / Pick-Up Companies
- Washington Conservation Voters
- Washington Toxics Coalition Sustainable Food
*CSA: Consumer Supported Agriculture
© GMO-Awareness.com, 2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GMO-Awareness.com with appropriate and specific links back to the original content.
Are you familiar with this? Hopefully you can help promote it: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Tell_Kickstarter_not_to_allow_bioengineered_organisms
See also: The ETC Group’s http://www.etcgroup.org/kickstopper
Thanks Ramsey! I’ll be sure to post this to our Facebook page too!
HI great blog, full of important information and access to resources. How do we get our links added to your list? We have a facebook page that supports non GMO recipes, organic gardening tips and ideas,Anti-GMO news and updates, etc…https://www.facebook.com/thefoodrevolutionbegins as well as blog:http://thefoodrevolution2013.wordpress.com/…We also have the Food Revolution radio podcast starting very soon. 🙂
Added! Thanks for your patience and thanks for helping to raise awareness!