If you’re looking for other like-minded individuals with whom you can volunteer to raise awareness about GMOs, the following list represents various Facebook pages that have been set up to help people connect with others in their province:
For groups in the U.S., click here; for groups in other countries, click here.
- Canada GMO Awareness in Action
- Canadian Biotechnology Action Network (CBAN)
- Canadian Organic Growers
- Canadians for Mandatory Labeling of GMOs
- Canadians for Safe Food / Ban GMOs in Canada (group)
- ETC Group
- GMO Free Canada
- Kids Right to Know / Rachel Parent
- Moms Across Canada
- National Farmers Union Canada
- No GMO Canada – to help you find one in your province
- Organic Agriculture Protection Fund
- Stop GMO Canada
- Albertans for Food Safety: Website | Facebook group
- GMO Awareness Movement – Calgary
- No GMO – Alberta
- GE Watch Comox Valley
- GMO Free Langley
- Go GMO Free BC
- Organic BC, Anti GMO
- Millions Against Monsanto – British Columbia #1
- Millions Against Monsanto – British Columbia #2
- No GMO British Columbia
- Society for a GE Free BC
Newfoundland and Labrador
- GMO and Fluoride Free Ontario
- GMO Free Windsor-Essex County
- Kirkland Lake GMO Free Challenge – Northern Ontario near Timmins, Northbay
- Millions Against Monsanto – Ontario
- Millions Against Monsanto – Southern Niagara, Ontario
- No GMO Ontario Canada
- Organic Ontario, Anti-GMO
- Toronto Non-GMO Coalition: website | Facebook
Prince Edward Island
- Millions Against Monsanto – Prince Edward Island
- No GMO Prince Edward Island
- PEI Certified Organic Producers
- GMOs? Who Knows? (based out of Quebec)
- Greenpeace – Local de Québec
- Millions Against Monsanto – Quebec
- Millions Against Monsanto – Saskatchewan
- No GMO Saskatchewan Canada
- Saskatchewan Organic Directorate
© GMO-Awareness.com, 2011–2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GMO-Awareness.com with appropriate and specific links back to the original content.
I am a member of a group called Albertans for Food Safety (AFS). We have been active for over a year and have helped to organize March Against Monsanto since 2012. We played host to the Cross Canada tour of Dr. Shiv Chopra and Dr. Thierry Vrain as well as other anti-GMO activities. It would be appreciated if our group could join your list under the “Alberta” heading. Thanks so much.
Hello Patricia! We’d be happy to add your group to the list, however the link you provided (www.albertans4foodsafety.com) was broken. A little bit of googling turned up the (new?) link… so this is what we will include in the listing: http://ab4foodsafety.wix.com/actlocal
Please add us if you have a chance. Thanks! Toronto Non-GMO Coalition
You’ve been added… we were honored to create the posters / postcards / Facebook graphics for Rachel / Kids Right to Know. Best of luck to you all in your upcoming event!
oh thats great….wasn’t aware of that. awesome. thx jennifer
Hello GMO must go fans. I was wondering whom is the largest share holder of Monsanto?
I do not nor will I ever join facebook. But I want to donate all “ALL” my spare time saving my g-kids from these life sucking money hungry GMO producing organic food eating owners of Monsanto and thier family’s.They are in my home. I want to visit their homes, to let them know what they are doing, at my home. I want to set up camps at their homes. To show thier children what MOM or DAD are doing to us for thier money! ( information brochers to hand out in their neighbourhood) Shame all whom profit, let their kids ask them questions. Start the conversation in their backyard as well as in ours. GMO truth seeker Michael N eat in peace/ fight in peace
Monsanto’s Chairman and CEO Hugh Grant owned the largest number of shares up until a couple months ago, when he sold off a portion (for a $10 million profit). Now he’s second to William U. Parfet, who is Monsanto’s chairman of the board, as well as CEO and President of MPI Research Inc., a toxicology research lab. The other top holders are listed here — though that list doesn’t mention many noteworthy names like Bill Gates (who also owns stock in Cargill). And don’t forget to include all of the legislators that have received large campaign contributions from Monsanto, as illustrated on this page.
Hello I’m the new Executive Director for March Against Monsanto Calgary we will be a Non-Profit organisation called Environmental Health of Calgary very soon! Exciting! We do have a current FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/March-Against-Monsanto-Calgary
Wonderful! We’ve added you, thanks for your patience. 🙂
Thank you :D:D:D
Hi am Ugandan(East-Africa) but i feel
extremely concerned about this GMO
thing and its devastating effects to
nature and human life. Apparently we
have no awareness programme
regarding the dangers associated with
GMOs. Am planning to start up a
simple awareness program and any
kind of advice is highly welcome.
Uganda has kept a natural state to-
date tough these seeds and the like
have started being imported and out
of ignorance many people have
isolated the indegenous breeds for
the modified ones(ehharren09
Hi, thanks for the lists!
I am the admin of No GMO Alberta, which you have linked to Millions Against Monsanto-Alberta. That was the names of all the No GMO provincial pages before I took them on in 2011 and changed them over. We have a No GMO Canada page that is only used to link people to their province as well.